166 S.4th Street
Brooklyn NY 11211
Cuisine: Southern/Soul Food
Our Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★
Cards: Cash Only
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-11am Breakfast, 11pm-4pm Lunch, 5pm-Midnight Dinner; Sat-Sun 10am-4pm Brunch, 5pm-12pm Dinner
Booze: Beer and Wine
Subway: J,M,Z to Marcy Ave.
Menu: Click Here
NY Mag Says:
Stephen Tanner and Sarah Buck have reopened their pie-and-fried-chicken outpost in a sunny new space that’s a little more on the beaten path. All the old classics are on hand, plus some new menu items. Look for fried chicken, shrimp and grits, pulled pork, brisket, pies, baked goods by Buck, and a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on a housemade biscuit.
TAGS: Bedford, Breakfast, Brunch (Weekends), Cheap, Delivery, Garden/Outdoor Seating, Hipster Spottings, Open Late, Recommended, Restaurants, South Williamsburg, Southern, ★★★★ Great
The long-building wave of food blog hype has at last reached the shore of South 4th Street in Williamsburg, where the new location of southern comfort BBQ restaurant Pies ‘N’ Thighs finally opened today. You may recall that back in January 2008, the original location in the shadow of the Williamsburg bridge was shut down by the Health Department for such infractions as an improper pork smoker. After more than two years of preparation and speculation, the P&T team has now opened in their new digs, at the corner of Driggs. The sunny, inviting space has seating in the front room/counter area, plus an additional back room that can accommodate another two dozen guests. (A small outdoor dining area will open in the spring.) Co-owner Sarah Buck was on hand this morning, and gave us the vitals:
- All the bread and baked goods are made in-house in the large basement kitchen.
- Burgers are from the Meat Hook.
- Delivery begins next week.
- New items include a Big Salad for $10, which Buck described as a “big hippie salad.”
- Also new: Horchata and Morir Sonando, which is like “a Dominican creamsicle.”
- Many specials that would come and go at the old place, such as brisket, are now permanent.
- The taco of the week this week is smoked pork with pineapple and cilantro. ($7)
- Beer is on tap now, wine is on the way from Buck’s sister in France, who makes Corbières wine.
- The weekend brunch menu is all new.