Its only 9AM and the deal starved masses are home by now with their bounty, bruises, and a little less dignity than the day before. Happy Black Friday y’all, grab your pepper spray.
Posts Tagged ‘none’
Not interested in joining the teaming masses as they fight each other for $5 a blu-ray player? Not to worry! The folks behind Swimming Cities, the artist collective involved with Brooklyn street-artist Swoon, are holding a huge Black Friday party in, what they deem, a “12,000-square-foot indoor adventureland.”
They’ll have Zip lines, hot dog skeet shooting, a heated pool, non-conventional exercise machines, croquet, ping pong, badminton, dirty uncle pony rides, bike blender smoothies and maple/ bacon infused shots. You’re encouraged to dress “Hunter Casual,” but coming with thanksgiving leftovers in hand will get you a discount.
The Great indoors black friday party, with DJs Dirtyfinger (Blacklabel), $mall ¢hange (Rubulad), and Uproot Andy (Bulgarian Bar).
9PM-10PM OPEN BAR . 3AM-3:30AM FREE SHOTS
55 9th Street. bldg 61, Brooklyn.
F or G to Smith/9th St.
$15 cover, $10 with costume or Thanksgiving leftovers, $5 before 11pm.
Dress: “hunting casual.”
The day after Thanksgiving is a holiday of retail indulgence. Let’s all go to stores and gorge on goods and gifts for loved ones! This year, Record Store Day comes twice as the masterminds behind it are trying to boost the sales of the still-suffering independent record seller. Check out these exclusive releases that will be available on Black Friday.
– A gatefold 7″ from MGMT featuring “Congratulations” and a remix from Erol Alkan as well as a 20-page storybook
– A 12″ single of Grinderman’s “Heathen Child” featuring a version with Robert Fripp.
– A colored vinyl 12″ version of Cee-Lo’s “Fuck You” also featuring the song’s instrumental.
– A colored vinyl 7″ from the Gaslight Anthem featuring a cover of the Rolling Stones’ “Tumblin’ Dice” and a previously unreleased song.
– Night of the Vampire, a live DVD of Roky Erickson playing in Los Angeles with the Black Angels backing him.
– Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings’ album I Learned the Hard Way, with the tracks spread across 11 7″ singles, featuring 10 bonus tracks and eight instrumental versions.
– A 7″ single of the new Ting Tings song “Hands” with a Passion Pit remix of the same track.
– A double 7″ single from Dr. Dog featuring four previously unreleased tracks.
– A holiday-themed Drive By Truckers 10″ single.
– A translucent vinyl 7″ from Bob Dylan featuring archival versions of “The Times They Are A-Changin’” and “Like a Rolling Stone”.
– A 7″ single from Soundgarden featuring the previously unreleased song “The Telephantasm” and a live version of “Gun”.
– U2′s Wide Awake in Europe, a three-song 12″ featuring live tracks recorded on their European tour.
– A live CD and double 10″ from Metallica featuring a 2008 live show recorded in the basement under Grimey’s record store in Nashville.
– A 7″ single from Bruce Springsteen featuring “Save My Love” and “Because the Night” from The Promise: The Making of Darkness on the Edge of Town.