*Insert obligatory comment about the long lines and overall poor-planning of The Great Googa Mooga HERE*
Alright, I’m glad we got that out of the way. Let’s move onto something a bit more current. Complaining about Googa Mooga is sooooooo four days ago. Next thing you know, I’ll be writing an op-ed about the Facebook IPO! Onto the Most Blogged Shows of the Week.
We all cracked on the name when we heard it (or read it, I guess), but it looks like DIIV has the last laugh as they’re this week’s MOST BLOGGED show AND my EDITORS PICK, and that’s for their free Hype-Machine-produced and Toyota Prius-sponsored show at Brooklyn Bowl tonight. It’s my pick for a few reasons.
1) It’s free.
2) DIIV are actually pretty awesome, if you haven’t heard them (or seen them) by now.
3) KILLER MIKE is also on the bill (holy shit!)
4) DIIV are about to blow up, so who knows what kind of venues they’re going to play from now on? And at what cost? Not that Brooklyn Bowl is “intimate” or anything, but you understand my meaning, no?
5) The openers, High Highs and Beat Culture are no slouches.
6) The first 150 people get some kind of “League Night” gift bags chock full of target-marketed goodies!
7) Did I mention it’s free?
Make sure you show up early (Brooklyn Bowl opens their doors at 6 PM.) I’d guess this thing’s going to be packed. I wouldn’t recommended showing up if you haven’t RSVP’d either, and that’s all closed up now. If you get turned away, The Deli Magazine’s Emerging Artists festival continues tonight at Public Assembly and Spike Hill. ALSO, a couple of awesome bands that have shared the bill with DIIV about 74 times (Night Manager, Heaven’s Gate) play Cameo Gallery for just $5 with some solid openers as well (Yvette, Mala Strana.)